Brian I. Ezuka
BRIAN I. EZUKA, ESQ., is the Principal of the Law Offices of Brian I.
Mr. Ezuka is a member of the Hawaii Bar Association and is licensed to practice in the state courts, as well as the United States District Court, District of Hawaii. He received his Juris Doctorate from the University of Santa Clara School of Law, Santa Clara, California. Licensed in Hawaii since 1987, Mr. Ezuka has worked in the nonprofit sector and provides counsel to nonprofit organizations. Mr. Ezuka works hand-in-hand with clients to develop a strong organizational foundation through education and technical assistance, consistent with the operations and culture of each organization.
Past and current clients include large and small nonprofit organizations, with varying purposes including relief of the poor and distressed, promotion of health, advancement of religion and education, promotion of social welfare and the arts, and support of industry education and training.
- Presenter: “Compliance Basics” HANOCON & Awards, Hawaii Alliance of Nonprofit Organizations, October 2, 2015.
- Presenter: “Nonprofit Compliance Basics” sponsored by the DHHL and Hawaii Alliance of Nonprofit Organizations, June 27, 2015.
- Presenter: “Strong Roots: Foundations for a Healthy Nonprofit Organization” sponsored by Hawaii People’s Fund and Hawaii Alliance of Nonprofit Organizations, April 19, 2014.
- Presenter along with the State Department of the Attorney General, “Non-profits 101, Starting a Non-Profit Organization,” 2014 Hawaii Small Business Fair “Launch Your Dreams into Reality,” Leeward Community College, February 22, 2014.
- Presenter: Hawaii Public Radio, Business of the Arts, February 2012, May 2012
- Presenter: Critical Issues For Nonprofits (Statewide) 2007.
- Presenter: Critical Issues For Nonprofits: The Legal and Financial Environment (Statewide) 2006.
- Presenter: “Breaking
Boardom” Board Leadership Conference 2005.
- Presenter: Critical Issues For Nonprofits: The Legal and Financial Environment 2005.
- Presenter: “FinancialManagement For Nonprofit Organizations,” 2003-2004.
- Partner Participant: Fair Housing Collaborative 2003-2004.
- Presenter: “Ensuring Equal Housing Opportunity,” Learning to Live in a Multi-Cultural Environment 2003.
- Presenter: “Ensuring Equal Housing Opportunity,” Training Designed For Landlords, Resident/PropertyManagers and Staff, and AOAO
CRA & CONSULT
Linda Lewis Ezuka
Linda Ezuka is the Managing Director of Ezuka Law Offices, LLC and leads the CRA & CONSULT programs. She specializes in compliance consulting for financial institutions, community development, and nonprofit consulting and has served as an independent consultant since August 2008.
Ms. Ezuka has served in various public and private positions over the years including Vice President & Community Development Officer with Bank of Hawaii for over 12 years, Chief Operating Officer of Goodwill Industries of Hawaii, Inc. and as Development Director of Holy Nativity School. Ms. Ezuka has served as a reviewer for 9 years for the Community Development Financial Institutions Fund (CDFI Fund) of the Department of Treasury for their Core, Technical Assistance, and New Markets Tax Credit Programs.
Ms. Ezuka is a Pacific Century Fellow, a SBA Financial Services Advocate of the Year and a PBN 40 Under 40 honoree. Linda serves as Secretary of the board and on the loan committee of the Hawaii Community Reinvestment Corporation. She has also served on the boards of various nonprofit organizations including HUGS, YWCA of Oahu, Good Beginnings Alliance, Big Brothers Big Sisters, Self-Help Housing Corporation of Hawaii, Honolulu Habitat for Humanity and Hospice Hawaii.